Makes 4 packs good for 2 persons per pack.
FISH MARINADE :
- 2kg Tambakol or Tuna fillets, fresh not canned
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup vinegar or 1/2 of medium lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 big yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pc bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo)
- 7 pcs green chili, not bell pepper (siling pamaksiw, siling haba), chopped, remove seeds
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
adjust according to taste
2 tbsp mayonnaise upon sizzling
- Combine the marinade ingredients and let sit in fridge overnight or longer if you want.
- Grill the fish fillets then flake in a big bowl.
- Add the sisig ingredients to the bowl of flaked fish.
- Toss with your hand the mixture to blend well. Cover with cling wrap and put to fridge overnight before serving for best results.
To Serve :
- Prepare the cast iron pan or the sizzling plate, ensure that the pan is smoking hot, do not grease the pan.
- In a small bowl, add a couple of tablespoon of mayonnaise and the amount of sisig you want to heat. Mix with the spoon thoroughly and transfer to the very hot sizzling plate. Serve.
You can portion according to your preferred serving size in a freezer bag and put in freezer. Do not add mayonnaise. Thaw in the fridge overnight if planning to eat the next day.