Leftovers need not to be boring, try this makeover for your chocolate cake or brownies.
- Leftover chocolate cake or brownies, crumbled
- Dulce de Leche (or caramel)
- 2 sachets of Dream Whip powdered whipped cream (or 1-2 cups heavy whipping cream)
- Ground nuts, chocolate chips (optional)
- Prepare a standard loaf pan (or any container you like, make sure that it is freezer-safe).
- Crumble the cake or brownies.
- Whip the cream according to package instructions. Add 1/4 cup of Dulce de Leche to the cream and mix.
- Make an alternating layers of cake, dulce de leche whipped cream, some dollops of dulce de leche and finish off with dulce de leche whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with ground nuts or chocolate chips.
- Put to freezer and let set for 5 hours to overnight before serving.
Here are several ways to make Dulce de Leche at home:
Milk + Sugar