why not try with fish this time?
For the Fish Fingers:
1/2 kg Cream dory or any white fish fillets, cut into finger size
1/2 lemon, salt and pepper for seasoning fish
Fish Fingers Breading
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1tsp each – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika (or 1tsp magic sarap)
1 – 2eggs
panko bread crumbs or japanese bread crumbs
1/2 cup orange juice
1tsp orange zest
2tbsp hot sauce (you can add more, if you want to)
2tbsp soy sauce
3 1/2tbsp sugar
2tsp corn starch
salt to taste (or a pinch of magic sarap)
Prepare the Fish Fingers
- Marinate the fish into 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare pan for deep frying and plate lined with paper towels.
- Prepare 3 pans. Combine flours and seasonings in one pan. In another pan, put bread crumbs and on the last pan put in beaten eggs.
- Start dredging each fish finger into this order : egg – breading – egg – bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.
Prepare the Sauce :
- In a small sauce pan, combine all the ingredients.Mix.
- Turn the stove on low heat and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
You can put the sauce and fish in a container with lid then shake to coat each fish OR you can just drizzle the sauce over the fish OR just toss the sauce and fish in a big bowl before serving.