Sweet and nutty, with a hint of saltiness and crispiness from potato chips. Yum!
makes 8-10 cookies
- 50g butter, room temperature
- 100g brown sugar
- 130g all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g potato chips (i used Lay’s – salt, add more if you like)
- roasted salted peanuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat just until combined. Stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and dry whisk. Fold in to butter mixture just until you form a dough.
- Crush potato chips and fold into the cookie dough.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop a cookie dough and form it into a ball leaving 2 inches in between balls. Poke the nuts on each ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes. If you want crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, bake just until the edges has browned.
- Remove cookies from oven and let set in the pan for a couple of minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Form a log of cookie dough, wrap with cling wrap and put into ziplock bag and freeze.
When you feel like eating, thaw the log just until you can cut some pieces and bake as above.