how about some meatless burger patties?
For the Veggies :
- 250g Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tbsp butter plus 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock – just enough to season (cube, powder or in liquid form)
- chili powder (optional)
For the breading :
- 1-2 medium-sized potato, cooked and mashed
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- panko bread crumbs or japanese bread crumbs
Prepare the mixed veggies.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat butter and oil, saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add mixed vegetable, cover.
- In a small bowl dissolve the vegetable bullion in 2tbsp water and add to the pan with vegetable. Keep cooking until the veggies are cooked. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, cool completely.
To Assemble the Patty
I find it easier to assemble by hands than using an egg ring or any round mold. But you can assemble this in any way you are comfortable with.
- Prepare 3 pans, 1 for eggs, 1 for flour and 1 for bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 large trays for ready to cook patties and the other one should be lined with paper towels for cooked patties.
- Combine the mashed potato with the prepared veggies. The mashed potato will act as the binder of the veggies. Form into a patty. You can use an egg ring or any mold of your choice.
- Dredge each patty into this order flour – egg – bread crumbs. Place each prepared patty into a tray.
- Pan fry the patties over medium heat until golden brown on each side. Serve!
These patties can be used for sandwiches or a side dish just like what we did last time.
Fortunately, I found these 2 yummylicious recipes through Tell ’em Tuesday Blog Link Up by Peeled Wellness last week. You can check their meatless patties and other recipes too by clicking the photos below 🙂
Enjoy and don’t forget to spread the love. Happy Sunday!