Just in time for cooling down after Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather’s Fight of the Century 🙂
This ice cream recipe is adapted from Ice Cream Magazine, I just altered the site’s version based on the ingredients I have on hand and added fresh mangoes to give it a fruit flavor variety instead of plain vanilla.
- 375 ml Thick Cream,
- 1 sachet Dream Whip (powdered whipped topping)
- 305 ml Full Fat Whole Milk, divided, cold
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g ripe mangoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Prepare your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer’s manual.
- In a jug, put 230ml milk, sugar and salt, whisk until the sugar dissolves completely.
- In your standing mixer, put 75ml cold milk into the bowl and Dream Whip. Whip until it thickens (around 4 mins.).
- Pour into the mixer bowl the thick cream and continue beating until well combined. Add in milk mixture and vanilla and mix on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream base to covered container and let sit in fridge for overnight.
- Peel and slice your mangoes. At this point, it is your choice if you want to have some chunks of mangoes in the ice cream or just puree it all. Put half of the mangoes (or all of it) and 1 tsp sugar in a blender and puree it. Let sit in fridge overnight as well.
- Get your freezer bowl and pour the ice cream mixture. Let churn per your machine’s manual and 5 minutes before the end of churning, add your mango puree, you can add all at once or you can just halve it and swirl the other half before freezing.
Note: below is the photo of the creams I used in this recipe, you can use whipping cream instead if you have it. click here for the recipe.
I used the KitchenAid’s Ice Cream Maker attachment in making this ice cream.
I love the feel in the mouth of the finished product, smooth and creamy 🙂 (I just finished the 3 scoops! uh-oh)
No ice cream maker? don’t worry, you can make these NO-MACHINE ICE CREAM Recipes from Gemma Stafford’s Youtube Channel instead 🙂
Many Thanks To : Ice Cream Magazine