I never thought that eating ice cream and listening to Shake It Off while my toddler is having her momentous tantrums can be soooooo calming and the funny thing is, she suddenly stopped when the song reached its chorus and dance to the tune, hahaha, and all these happened this morning at 8:30. Good Morning 🙂
In case you didn’t notice, I am a bargain hunter 🙂 I always buy in bulk whenever there’s a good promotion and good product on sale, just like these 750g Nutella jars, I got them on this week’s sale. I hope they last until December of this year.
So on to the recipe of this delicious homemade ice cream. As I’ve said on my previous post before (Mango Ice Cream), I always work with whatever is available and easy to find. Again, in case you have the whipping cream in liquid form, feel free to use it instead of the thick cream and powdered whipping cream combo. The amount of Nutella, marshmallows and kind of nuts is really up to you. If you don’t have a Chocolate Milk drink on hand, use a regular milk instead. Just use this recipe from Ice Cream Magazine for the amount of whipping cream and proceed as below.
- 500 ml Thick Cream (I used Puck Thick Cream)
- 1 sachet Dream Whip (powdered whipped topping) + 70ml cold chocolate drink
- 200 ml Cold Chocolate Drink (I used Almarai Double Chocolate Drink)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella
- pistachio nuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer’s manual.
- In a jug, put 200ml chocolate drink, sugar and salt, whisk until the sugar dissolves completely.
- In your standing mixer, put 70ml cold chocolate drink into the bowl and Dream Whip. Whip until it thickens (around 4 mins.).
- Pour into the mixer bowl the thick cream and continue beating until well combined. Add in chocolate mixture[#2] and vanilla and mix on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add Nutella and mix again for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream base to covered container and let sit in fridge for overnight.
- Get your freezer bowl and pour the ice cream mixture. Let churn per your machine’s manual.
- When done churning, mix your nuts and marshmallows before transferring the ice cream into its container. Freeze.
an idea just came in, i think this works as the perfect Nutella Smoothie (less the nuts & marshmallows) as well and in case you don’t have ice cream maker, make Popsicles instead, just chill the base overnight before putting to molds and freeze. 🙂