- 200g large squid, sliced into 1/4″ thick rings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- panko or japanese bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Clean and cut the squid into 1/4″ thick rings.
- Prepare 3 bowls, 1st bowl for the bread crumbs, on the 2nd bowl, combine the ingredients from flour down to salt and pepper and on the 3rd bowl is the beaten egg.
- Preheat your pan with oil for deep frying.
- Coat the rings in this order. Flour – Egg – Bread Crumbs – Frying Pan (fry until golden brown). DO THIS FAST and fry in batches.
- Transfer to a wire rack or to a plate lined with paper towels.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
This is the alternative way in case you don’t have instant mashed potato 🙂 BUT if you have, just follow the recipe for onion rings and replace yellow onion with squid.