A quick, easy and simple dish to prepare 🙂
Chopsuey – a Chinese word that means “assorted pieces”
- 150g shrimps, deveined, tail intact, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 250g frozen mix vegetables
- 1 small brocolli
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cream cheese spread (or labneh or grated cheddar cheese) dissolved in 1/4c milk and 2 to 3 tbsp chicken stock or water
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter add oil, saute onions and garlic until fragrant, add the seasoned shrimps and cook until the shrimps are half cooked.
- Remove shrimps and transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
- On the same pan stir fry the vegetables. Halfway through cooking add the milk mixture let simmer for 3 minutes or until the liquid has thicken slightly.
- Stir in the shrimps and eggs. Cover and turn off heat.
- Serve hot with rice 🙂 enjoy
If you don’t feel like eating shrimps, you can use any meat of your choice.
Removing the shrimps from the pan will prevent it from overcooking.
You can use heavy cream instead of milk and cheese combination.
If you don’t have hard boiled eggs, you can use quail eggs or just leave it out.
Thanks to Wikipedia