Easy, simple and refreshing treat to beat summer heat 🙂
- 350g ripe mangoes – frozen, roughly chopped
- 500ml low fat laban, cold
- 200ml mango flavored milk, cold
- 2-3 tbsp low fat condensed milk, cold
- Combine all the ingredients in the pitcher of your blender and blend until smooth. Adjust according to taste.
- If you like cheesecake flavor, add cream cheese and crushed graham crackers.
- For leftovers, you can put it in a small plastic cups then put a stick at the center, freeze – you’ll have popsicles. If you don’t have plastic cups, just use “ice candy” plastics and you’ll have mango ice candy 🙂
To achieve that rich mango flavor and smooth texture, make sure to freeze your mangoes before use, don’t add ice.
Laban is the buttermilk of Middle East. In case you don’t like it or you can’t find one, you can use the following as substitute.
The term leben, variously laban, lben, labna, or labneh (Arabic: لبن, “milk,” Hebrew: לבן), is used across the Arab World (Middle East and North Africa) and Israel to refer to a food or beverage of fermented milk. Generally, there are two main products known as leben: in the Levant region, strained (“Greek”) yogurt; and in North Africa (Maghreb), buttermilk. The practice of intentionally allowing milk to sour has been known since ancient times and practiced by many cultures. – Wikipedia
- greek yogurt (such as Chobani) + milk (to thin)
- plain yogurt + milk (to thin)
- mango flavored milk
- vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream + water (to thin) and omit condensed milk
I added mango flavored milk just to boost the mango flavor, it’s optional.
Instead of sugar, I prefer to use condensed milk just to slightly sweeten the milkshake and for added creaminess.
If you prefer a little tangy milkshake, you can omit condensed milk too 🙂
For more Mango treats, click the photos below 🙂