Yeah, it’s almost 2 weeks since my last post. This past few weeks, after 4 days of no internet connection, we were hit by cough and colds one by one and it’s only now that I start to feel better and my sense of taste and smell are gradually coming back 🙂 yay!
So for a comeback dish, I’ll be sharing with you my favorite one dish meal, easy to make “pizza”. No ovens for now, a skillet is enough. So, let’s start cooking! 🙂
- 2 Flour Tortillas (or more)
- 5 pineapple slices (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 onion (cut into strips)
- 2 tbsps black olives (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut into strips, deseeded)
- pizza sauce of your choice (or make your own, see below)
- mozarella cheese and cheddar cheese (or any cheese combo you prefer)
*Pizza Sauce (adjust accordingly)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your skillet, do not add oil. “Grill” the pineapples until the sides browned a little. Put in a plate and cut into smaller pieces.
- On the same skillet, put 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil. Pan fry the green bell peppers, add the onion, then olives, fry just until fragrant. Add tomatoes. Stir and transfer on a plate. Set aside.
- Wipe the same skillet with tissue to remove oil. Preheat again the skillet then heat the tortilla for about 1 minute, flip and spread the pizza sauce, top with cheeses, put on the other side the vegetables (as much as you want) you just pre-cooked then topped with cheese. Fold the tortilla and press lightly to “seal”. Heat until desired crispiness (and until the cheeses melt) then flip again for even cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the next batch.
- Slice to how many pieces you prefer and serve while still warm.
You can also make a two layer tortilla to make a crispy thin pizza. Heat both sides of the 2 tortillas. Turn the heat on low, sandwich the cheese with 2 tortillas, let the cheese melt. Spread the sauce on top, add cheese and the toppings. Heat just until the cheese melts, slice and serve.