Ideally this dish uses cardaba banana or saba banana but since it’s expensive and sometimes not available here in KSA, we use cavendish bananas instead.
- 3 ripe cavendish bananas
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 sheets of spring roll wrappers
- chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
- jackfruit slices (optional)
- oil for frying
- Cut each banana into 4 pieces, giving you 12 slices for 12 fritters.
- Put 3 tbsp sugar in a plate. Dredge each banana piece in the sugar.
- Wrap each piece using spring roll wrappers.
- Put 1 tsp water to the remaining sugar and brush the wrapped bananas, make to brush all the sides with sugar-water mixture.
- Preheat pan with oil. Fry the fritters until golden brown. Fry in batch as needed.
- Do not put in a plate with paper towels, the fritters might stick to the towels, instead use a strainer to drain excess oil.
- Just before serving, drizzle the top with the sauce of your choice or put the sauce in a small bowl and serve along side as a dip.
Best paired with Banana & Melon Smoothie 🙂