For the Flaked Fish
- 1/2 kilo fish (like tuna, this time I use galunggong – mackerel / round scad)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning the fish
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small bellpepper, minced
- 30 pcs (or more) spring roll wrappers (6″ x 6″)
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
Prepare the fish
- Prepare the steamer.
- Clean the fish. Prepare a foil enough encase the fish.
- Line the foil with half of the onion and tomato.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish on the lined foil, then put the remaining onion and tomato on top of the fish.
- Cover with foil and seal by folding the edges.
- Steam until cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool completely.
- Flake the fish and put into a big bowl. You can discard the onion and tomato this time.
- Add the filling ingredients and toss. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Put some filling in each wrapper and deep fry until golden.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.
You can steam the fish ahead of time to save time.
Egg is optional, I decided to omit egg in the later part as I prepare this dish since I know, we won’t be able to consume it all. Just for safety, do not put egg if you’ll be freezing the mixture 😉
Freeze the mixture without the wrapper and just thaw before use.