This is a Korean inspired chicken wings dish, sweet and spicy.
This can be deep fried, grilled or oven roast.
- 450g chicken wings
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated & juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 2 tsp chili sauce (hot sauce or chili garlic paste – more or less according to preference)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- In a ziploc bag or covered container. Combine all the ingredients except the chicken until well blended.
- Add the chicken and make sure the each piece is well coated with the marinade.
- Put in fridge and let marinate overnight.
Using Oven or Grill
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a tray with foil.
- Put the chicken wings with some space apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sauce has caramelized. Don’t forget to turn the chicken wings halfway through baking. Baste the wings with the sauce before turning the wings.
- Transfer the leftover sauce in a small saucepan and bring to boil or until the sauce has thicken. Strain and serve alongside the wings as dip.
- Using your own breaded fried chicken.
- Put the marinade in a saucepan. Mix until well combined. Turn the heat on medium and bring to boil or cook until the liquid has reduced and the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off heat, strain to a bowl.
- Coat each fried chicken piece in to the sauce and serve.
Thanks to Yummy Magazine