Why you need to read this recipe?
- this is a no-machine friendly recipe too!
- a non-dairy version is also included
- this is eggless
- this is no cook
- and most of all, there 10 variations to choose from
makes 1.5 liters
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 300g granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 625ml thick cream
- 1 sachet powdered whipping cream (dream whip)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
In a bowl or pitcher, combine the coconut milk, coconut powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Add cream, dream whip and coconut oil. Mix on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes.
NO Churn Method
- Make sure all the ingredients are cold.
- Add 1 more sachet of dream whip to the ingredients and proceed as indicated above procedure. Mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into containers with lid then put to freezer for 6 hours or until the mixture is fully set.
- Prepare the ice cream maker per your manufacturer’s manual. Since I am using a KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment, I put mine in freezer for a minimum of 15 hours.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture in a container and let sit in fridge overnight.
- Whisk the mixture before pouring to the ice cream machine.
- Churn until ready. You can serve this at this stage but I let mine sit for few more hours in the freezer before serving.
1. Filipino Classic : Halo-Halo Fiesta, scoop some ice cream on your glass and fill the sides with purple yam jam, coconut jelly, macapuno, sweet beans, sweet munggo, jackfuit and pandan jelly.
2. Filipino Classic : Buko Pandan, scoop some ice cream on the the glass and fill the side with pandan jelly and coconut jelly.
3. Plain Coconut Ice Cream, eat this ice cream as it is, or put some macapuno, nata de coco and kaong.
3. You can go DAIRY FREE instead. Click the photo below for the complete recipe and video.
4. 3 more variations and another NO MACHINE method from Domestic Geek’s & Everyday Food. Just click the below to go to the full recipe.
The coconut powder and virgin coconut oil help intensify the coconut flavor of the ice cream, in case you can’t find any of the two or both, you can leave those out 🙂
Some canned coconut milk are sweetened already, so please adjust accordingly.
If you prefer to use a Whipping Cream instead of the thick cream, you may do so.
If Dream Whip is not available in your area. you can leave that out, it only helps the thick cream to be creamier since the thick cream cream has lower fat content than the whipping cream.
You can decrease the sugar by 50 grams in case you find it too sweet for you.
The use of alcohol in the video links above, helps the no-machine ice cream not to crystallize too much.