It was mango season when I last made Mango Ice Cream, I was able to use a fresh ripe mangoes for the said recipe. Since, it is not mango season here and good mangoes are hard to find now. I decided to use frozen mangoes instead. I used FROZEN MANGO PULP, instead of the frozen mango slices. Yes, the mango pulp, I always wondered what its like and now I know, it’s more of a mango nectar (in case you don’t know, like me).
I don’t really have plans of posting this recipe since the ingredients and procedure are similar to the previous one. BUT one thing that differs is the TASTE, the mango flavor is more intense using the pulp than the fresh one I’ve used before 😉 and I loved it.
So, here it is.
- 360ml mango flavored milk (or plain milk)
- 500g mango pulp
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 can condensed milk
- 500ml thick cream
- 1 sachet dream whip
- 500g mango pulp
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water
- Prepare the ice cream machine per manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the thick cream and dream whip, and mix for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a container, cover and let sit in fridge overnight.
- When ready, pour the ice cream mixture into the ice cream bowl and churn until ready.
Mango Sauce : In a small saucepan over low heat, combine mango pulp and the cornstarch, stir until the pulp has thicken and the liquid has reduced. Cool completely and swirl on the ice cream before freezing or top before serving.
The mango pulp I used is already sweetened. No need for additional sugar. I did not use the mango slice since it can be sour.
If you prefer a no machine method, make sure all the ingredients are cold and add 1 more sachet of dream whip and mix on medium high for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a container and freeze until fully set.