If you are looking for an easy, simple, chewy and flavorful granola bars, this is the recipe for you.
makes 12 bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (or rolled oats, traditional oats)
- 2 cups nuts and dried fruits of your choice (or less)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
- In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey and vanilla essence.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Transfer to a lined 10″ x 6″ or 9″ x 9″ baking pan, making sure that the mixture is evenly spread out.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
For the oats, you can use the instant oats but the texture will not be the same.
Virgin coconut oil can be replaced with melted butter in case you don’t have.
For a sweeter version, add 2 tbsp to 4 tbsp of brown sugar, just make sure to dissolve it with butter(coconut oil) and honey. Let this mixture cool before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
For this recipe, I used slivered almonds, pistachios, raisins and dried peels.
Slice and wrap
Grab some and go
Thanks to Laura Vitale