Come, let’s have some sandwich and coffee 🙂
makes 1 (9″ x 5″) loaf
- 362g (3 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 113ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk (laban or milk)
- 113ml (1/2 cup) (to 158ml = 2/3 cup) water
- 57g (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- In the mixer bowl combine flour, salt and yeast, whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, water, butter and honey, whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients on to the mixer bowl.
- Using dough hook attachment, turn the mixer on medium speed and let the dough knead for 8 – 10 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the bowl and holds its shape or when a finger is pressed in to the dough, it will leave a mark that will rebound slowly.
- Put into a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
- Punch down the dough to release the air and shape into an 8″ log and put the dough in the loaf pan, loosely cover and let the dough rise again until it double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until its golden brown, the internal temperature should reach to 190F or when you tap the bread, the sound is hollow. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
FOR MANUAL KNEADING
Follow the steps here and proceed to steps 6 to 7.
TIPS from King Arthur Flour
Use the lesser amount of liquid in summer or humid climates and greater amount of liquid in winter or drier climates.
For added whole-grain goodness, substitute Whole Wheat Flour for up to half of the all-purpose flour in this recipe.