I love love frozen yogurt, but it can really be expensive if I will always buy it in malls. So I decided to come up with my own that is easy to make and with budget friendly ingredients too!
- 1kg tub full fat regular plain yogurt
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 sachet dream whip, powdered whipping cream (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the ice cream machine per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix for 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer to a container with lid and let chill in fridge overnight.
- Pour contents to the ice cream bowl and let churn until fully set. Transfer to ice cream tubs and freeze.
- To serve, thaw for 15-25 minutes in fridge to soften. Top with your favorite fruits.
- I didn’t use greek yogurt (28SAR for 450g vs. 7SAR for 1kg yogurt tub) since its really expensive here but it can also be used too 🙂
- You can omit dream whip if you can’t find one or replace with 1/3 cup whipping cream instead.
- If thinking of using low fat to 0 fat yogurt and milk, I cannot assure the taste and softness of the outcome.
- Fruit syrups can be added for flavor.
Make sure to have all the ingredients cold and mix for 3-4 minutes, transfer to tubs and freeze right away if NOT USING ice cream machine.