When you can’t decide which sauce to choose 🙂
Tomato Cream Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup cream (any cream will do)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp spreadable cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Toppings (anything you prefer, canned tuna, works well too)
- small green bellpeppers
- black olives, sliced
- 250g cooked fusilli (or any preferred pasta)
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, cream, cheese and chicken stock, mix until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat pan, melt butter and saute onion, garlic and the toppings. Transfer half to a plate and set aside.
- On the same pan, pour the tomato-cream mixture and bring to a boil. Taste then adjust the ratio of tomato and cream per your liking and season with salt and pepper. Transfer half to a bowl.
- Stir in the cooked pasta in to the pan, add more sauce as needed and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Top with the remaining sauteed veggies and shrimps then serve.
- For the tomato sauce part, homemade or store-bought will do just fine.
- For the cream, I just used sterilized cream (or single cream, light cream). Whipping cream is okay too.
- Any cheese you preferred can be used too.