A rich and creamy coffee ice cream with bits of chocolate chips.
- 50ml brewed espresso coffee, cold
- 130g granulated sugar
- 250ml evaporated full cream milk (or whole milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500ml thick cream (or whipping cream)
- 1 sachet whipping cream powder (Dream Whip, optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp coffee mocha flavoring (optional)
- chocolate chips (chopped)
- Prepare your ice cream machine per your manufacturer’s manual.
- In a bowl, combine coffee, milk, salt and sugar.Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the coffee mixture, thick cream, dream whip and coffee flavoring in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer contents to a container with lid and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight to chill completely.
- Churn the ice cream for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft serve consistency is achieved, 5 minutes before the end of churning, add the chopped chocolate chips.
- Transfer to ice cream tubs and freeze until fully set. Serve and enjoy.
- You may use regular instant coffee or espresso powder, 2 to 3 tablespoon more or less, you may also use Kahlua coffee liqueur instead. But if you’re into a very subtle flavor of coffee, you may use coffee beans, heat some beans with the milk and let it sit for few minutes or until the milk has cooled down completely or just use coffee extract or flavoring.
- If you’ll be using coffee granules, make use of 300ml milk instead of 250ml.
- Coffee Mocha Flavoring is completely optional, this just helps boost the coffee flavor, color and aroma in the ice cream.
- Whipping Cream Powder is also optional but recommended, as this helps the ice cream to be creamier.
- I just happen to have evaporated milk but whole milk will do just fine.
- For this recipe, I use a combination of semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips. You may choose what kind of chocolate you prefer, chop it, grind it or as it is, it’s completely up to you.