click here for the Fried Chicken Fillet Recipe or you may use your own
A La King Sauce
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or any milk you have on hand)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cream cheese spread (optional)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter plus 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small minced onion
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (or more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine milk, stock, cheese and flour, stir until well combined, set aside.
- In a pan over medium low heat, melt butter with oil. Saute onion until fragrant, add mixed vegetables, cook until tender.
- Pour the milk mixture, stir and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- For the chicken stock I use chicken cube, please read the package directions before using your chicken cube, the brand I use is good for 1 liter (2 cups) of water per 1 cube, I only use a little more than half of a cube.
- For milk, it can be low fat, full fat, whole, fresh or evaporated.
If you don’t like the extra work of marinating and frying the chicken breast, you can just cut the raw chicken breast in cubes, add more vegetables and saute, add the milk mixture and bring to a boil. Serve with rice, or if you want it a little fancy, make some puff pastry bowls and pour the chicken ala king, serve.