I know, it’s summer, somewhere 🙂
As always, this is a no cook and no eggs ice cream recipe that can be done with or without ice cream maker.
- 1 cup frozen brownies cut into small cubes (homemade or store-bought)
- 360ml double chocolate milk drink
- 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups nutella (or any chocolate spread)
- 250ml thick cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup condensed milk (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a container with lid and refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight, (I always make my mixture at night and work on the next day).
NO MACHINE METHOD
- Folowing steps 1 and 2 above, mix again the mixture for few seconds.
- Transfer to preferred ice cream tubs. You can layer the crumbs and mixture.
- Freeze until fully set.
USING ICE CREAM MAKER
- Prepare the ice cream machine per manufacturer’s manual.
- After refrigeration process, churn the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes or until ready (mine churned for 15 minutes). Fold in the brownies and transfer to ice cream tubs then freeze until fully set.
- No mixer? use blender instead, just pulse until well combined.
- Make sure that the chocolate spread is at room temperature and a little bit loose.
- The condensed milk is just a sweetener check first the sweetness of the mixture before adding the condensed milk. You can leave that out if you think the mixture is a little sweeter than what you prefer in the outcome.
- After refrigerating the mixture you will notice a change in consistency of the mixture, it will become thicker than before thus will give you a smooth mouth feel after.
- Any chocolate milk drink will do.