This is my stovetop version of vegetable rice using basmati rice and this is how we’re thought by our Indian friend.
Pilaf is a dish in which rice is cooked in a seasoned broth. In some cases, the rice may also attain its brown color by being stirred with pieces of cooked onion, as well as a mix of spices. Depending on the local cuisine, it may also contain meat, fish, vegetables, pasta, and dried fruits. It is also known as pilav, pilau, pilafi, pulao, palaw, plov,polov, polo, and polu. – Wikipedia
- 1 cup of basmati rice, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes then drained*
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth*
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken broth and set aside.
- In a pan over medium low heat, melt the butter or ghee, then saute the onions until translucent, add the garlic then add the mixed vegetables when the garlic is fragrant. Cook the vegetables for few minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained rice, stir and let cook for a minute then add the broth, stir and cover.
- Let the rice absorb the broth. Turn off heat and serve 🙂
Some rice may vary on how it is cooked, so please read the directions of the packaging of your rice before proceeding.
For Salmon Steak
Marinate the salmon in soy sauce, oyster sauce and lemon for at least an hour then grill or fry.