A mild chicken curry version.
- 1 medium green bell pepper (or red)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500g mixed chicken parts (skin on or not, it’s up to you)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 tbsp curry powder
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- salt and pepper to taste or chicken cube
- a handful of chopped coriander (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan, fry chopped potatoes, carrots and bell pepper until half cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add some oil and cook the chicken for 3 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, add the garlic and stir.
- Cover the pan and let simmer for 5 more minutes or until the chicken has released it juices.
- Add the curry powder, stir then pour the coconut milk, stir, taste and adjust as needed (you may add or not the chicken cube or water). Cover the pan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Put the vegetables on top and stir gently and let cook for 2 more minutes, covered.
- Remove cover and put coriander on top, cover again and turn off heat. Serve with rice.