Chewy, nutty and chocolate-y oatmeal bar.
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 can of 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 /2 cup muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, traditional)
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and cashew (or any nuts you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line and grease an 8″ pan with aluminum foil.
- In a double boiler over medium low heat, combine the chocolates and the condensed milk. Stir until the chocolates melt. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars, add egg and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in flour, oatmeal, salt and nuts and mix just until combined. It will be sticky.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the batter and pour the rest to the prepared pan. Spread the batter evenly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pan and top with nuts. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of batter on top. This will not cover the entire pan just make sure that you distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
- You can use quick cooking oats or instant oats but I prefer to use rolled oats since I like the texture better.
- 25 minutes is all you need to have a chewy result, longer than this will result to a crunchy oatmeal bars.