Thanks to my friend for sharing her Okoy Recipe, I just made some adjustments to suit my preference 🙂
- 5 to 7 cups coarsely shredded squash and sweet potato (or carrots)
- 11 to 12 pcs shrimps (whole)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shrimp broth (or chicken or just water)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp magic sarap seasoning or 1/2 tsp (1/4 tsp garlic powder & 1/4 tsp onion powder mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Lay the shredded vegetables in a tray and put in a hot area of your house to dry a bit. If in hurry you can just pat dry the vegetables with paper towels to remove some moisture.
- Heat pan with oil on medium heat.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the oil, shrimp and vegetables. Your mixture should be not too thick or too thin.
- Gently fold in the vegetables make sure that each piece is coated with the batter. Your mixture should look thick now, no dripping batter as you scoop.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the mixture and fry, make sure to spread the batter evenly (around 3.5 inches) on the pan , put the shrimp on top and press against the fritters for it to stick, cook until crispy, around 3 to 4 minutes each side. Serve while hot.