Baby, it’s cold outside 🙂
serves 2 to 3 persons
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 300g beef (cubed, any part you prefer)
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 10 pcs whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- cooked beef (from above)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pc. star anise
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/8 beef cube (optional)
- chopped scallions
250g cooked chinese egg noodles
Prepare the Beef Soup
- Boil the water then add the beef and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the beef until soft and tender.
- Scoop the beef and put in a plate.
- Let the soup pass through a sieve in the bowl, set aside.
- Keep the soup hot.
Prepare the Beef Asado
- Preheat pan with oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add beef and cook for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, star anise and bay leaf, stir.
- Add hot beef broth and stir. Add beef cube, taste and adjust accordingly.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped scallions. Turn off heat.
In a bowl, put some noodles and soup, top with the beef asado and garnish with chopped scallions.
- Do not put too much salt on the soup since it will be flavored with the asado sauce.
- The beef asado has a concentrated flavor, so don’t worry if it is a bit sweeter and saltier if you taste it.
Enjoy while its hot!