How about some crunchy and cheesy fish fillet for today?
- 750g white fish fillets seasoned with lemon, salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 pc large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- fine bread crumbs
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese spread
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the fish
- In a bowl, combine chicken stock, egg, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine fine breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Dip the fillet in the egg mixture and dredge in the breadcrumbs. Press gently the breadcrumbs to the fish so it will stick. Put in a plate and do the same for the rest of the fillets.
- Preheat pan with oil. Fry until golden brown, set aside.
Prepare the sauce
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the dried parsley, mix until well combined.
- Over medium low heat, bring the mixture to a boil and keep on stirring until the sauce thickens. Turn off heat and stir in the dried parsley. Adjust according to taste.
Drizzle the sauce on top and serve with rice or mashed potato.